The Daily Mile is proud to partner with Erika’s Lighthouse to promote childhood health and wellbeing. Our organizations are joining forces to provide free physical and mental health resources.Read on below
What is Erika’s Lighthouse?
Erika’s Lighthouse is a non-for-profit dedicated to educating and raising awareness about adolescent depression. The organization also provides tools to foster good mental health. The organization’s goal is to break down the stigma surrounding mental health issues.
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a 15-minute physical activity program where children run, jog, walk, or roll outside in the fresh air. It is a life-changing opportunity for children and the adults who lead them. Created by an elementary school principal and her students, it is proven, effective, and sustainable. The Daily Mile is 100% free for your school family … forever.
Together, The Daily Mile and Erika’s Lighthouse are working to improve mental health through physical activity. Join the movement today!
Signup as a Daily Mile school
to access exclusive member-only resources!
Mental Health Activities
- Walk 20 Miles with your Dog in September Challenge
- Kindness Flower – Spread kindness to friends or decorate a bulletin board with positive messages 🌷
- Deep Breathing Techniques – Practice deep breathing techniques with these relaxing “flower breathing” activities. 🌼
- Journal of Joy – Help students improve their self-esteem with fun activities. 🧠 Also available in Spanish
- Mood Meter – Help students learn to recognize & express emotions. Encourage conversations about feelings, reduce tension, and relieve stress in the classroom. 😀
- Winter Coloring Pages – Help students stay motivated to do The Daily Mile during the winter months with these fun coloring pages! ⛄️
- Relaxed Pumpkin – Help students and staff members reduce tension and anxiety this fall. Give children the chance to talk about how they like to relax while they do The Daily Mile. Then return to class to decorate a “relaxed pumpkin! 🎃
Lesson 1: Mindfulness – Lesson Plan, Facilitator Guide, Presentation
Lesson 2: Everyday vs. Overwhelming Feelings – Facilitator Guide, Presentation, Video
Lesson 3: Coping Skills – Facilitator Guide, Presentation, Activity
Lesson 4: Help-Seeking – Facilitator Guide, Presentation, Activity