Improve classroom focus while creating a community of connectedness with The Daily Mile. This easy and fun whole-child movement accelerates learning in students. As a Response to Intervention strategy, it is a proactive classroom management tool that improves behavior.Read on below
“The Daily Mile definitely helps the students calm down after they come back from lunch, and they look forward to it every day.”
– Teacher, Parker Elementary, Galveston, Texas
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a life-changing opportunity for children and the adults who lead them. It is a solution to healthier, happier, more engaged students! The Daily Mile is a whole-child movement that takes kids outdoors to run, jog, roll or walk for 15-minutes each day. But it’s so much more than that. Created by an elementary school principal and her students, it is proven, effective, and sustainable. The Daily Mile is free for your school family … forever. Watch the video above to learn more!
Here’s why your class should join the movement …
You experience fewer interruptions as kids return from The Daily Mile more focused and eager to learn.
Your students improve their social-emotional well-being. They improve their ability to manage emotions, set & meet goals, foster positive relationships, and make good decisions.
Classroom management plans improve! You save valuable classroom instruction time with this proactive Positive Behavior Support and Intervention Strategy. This leads to better behavior, more time on task, and happier teachers.
Your students improve their academic achievement. Problem-solving, focus, concentration, and memory improves with this physical activity.
Classroom and campus morale increases as teachers connect with students outside the rigors of class.
You are the educational professional. You get to decide the best time for your class to feel the benefits of The Daily Mile. Overall teacher wellness improves, too!
What do other teachers say about it?
Listen for yourself to what current Daily Mile teachers say about the movement. We’ll give you a hint: they love it and you will, too!
How can you start The Daily Mile at your school? Easily!
- Talk to your school PE teacher, principal, or district superintendent.
- Sign up with The Daily Mile to access exclusive resources and get your school listed on the community map.
- Use the Implementation Guides for a simple, step-by-step plan for success!
- See how The Daily Mile can easily fit into your class schedule.
- Visit the FAQs for more information.
Check out the resources page for fun printables to help you start The Daily Mile in your class!
My classroom already does The Daily Mile. How else can I be part of the community?
- Teachers across the nation are united for the wellness of their children. Every school in the USA should have an opportunity to feel the benefits of the movement. Invite other schools and teachers to impact their school with this life-changing tool! Here’s how you can start the conversation!
- Provide a quote about your experience as a Daily Mile teacher.
- Share a story of your classroom experience with The Daily Mile.
- Share a photo or video of your class doing The Daily Mile.
- Join our Newsletter to stay up-to-date on news and free resources.
- Follow The Daily Mile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Learn about the adult initiative, The Daily Mile Fit For Life