The Daily Mile is a whole-child movement that you can bring to your organization for free. Kids who do The Daily Mile focus better in class. They have more positive social interactions and develop better relationships.Read on below
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a life-changing opportunity for children and the adults who lead them. It is a solution to healthier, happier, more engaged students! The Daily Mile is a whole-child movement that takes kids outdoors to run, jog, roll or walk for 15-minutes each day. But it’s so much more than that. Created by an elementary school principal and her students, it is proven, effective, and sustainable. The Daily Mile is free for your organization … forever. Watch the video above to learn more!
How do I start The Daily Mile at my organization?
- Talk to your school principal or district superintendent.
- Sign up with The Daily Mile to access exclusive resources and get your organization listed on the community map.
- Use the Implementation Guides for a simple, step-by-step plan for success!
- See how The Daily Mile can easily fit into the class schedule.
- Check out the Resources page for more free tools!
- Visit the FAQs for more information.
Here’s why your organization should join the movement …
Teachers experience fewer interruptions as kids return from The Daily Mile more focused and eager to learn.
Teachers save valuable classroom instruction time with this proactive Positive Behavior Support and Intervention Strategy.
Students improve their physical health & wellbeing.
Your students improve their academic performance because physical activity improves problem-solving, focus, concentration, and memory.
Check out the resources page for fun printables to help you start
The Daily Mile at your school!
My school already does The Daily Mile. How else can I be part of the community?
- Health Educators across the nation are united for the wellness of their children. Every school in the USA should have an opportunity to feel the benefits of the movement. Invite other schools to impact their school with this life-changing tool! Here’s how you can start the conversation!
- Provide a quote about your experience as a Daily Mile health educator.
- Share a story of your school experience with The Daily Mile.
- Share a photo or video of your school doing The Daily Mile.
- Join our Newsletter to stay up-to-date on news and free resources.
- Follow The Daily Mile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Learn about the adult initiative, The Daily Mile Fit For Life