Physical Educators & Coaches
As a proactive response to intervention, The Daily Mile improves classroom behavior. This outdoor movement break improves physical health and fitness for kids. In addition, it allows kids to focus better in class thereby increasing academic achievement. Bring The Daily Mile to your school campus today!Read on below
“It makes me happy when my students come up to me and say ‘Coach, I ran The Daily Mile for the whole 15 minutes today for the first time!’”
– Andrew Benbrook, Nelson Elementary PE Specialist
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a life-changing opportunity for children and the adults who lead them. It is a solution to healthier, happier, more engaged students! The Daily Mile is a whole-child movement that takes kids outdoors to run, jog, roll or walk for 15-minutes each day. But it’s so much more than that. Created by an elementary school principal and her students, it is proven, effective, and sustainable. The Daily Mile is free for your school family … forever. Watch the video above to learn more!
How do I start The Daily Mile at my school?
- Talk to a classroom teacher, school principal, or district superintendent. Try The Daily Mile with just one class and experience the benefits. Watch it grow to the whole school!
- Sign up with The Daily Mile to access exclusive resources and get your school listed on the community map.
- Use the Implementation Guides for a simple, step-by-step plan for success!
- See how The Daily Mile can easily fit into the class schedule.
- Check out the Resources page for more free tools!
- Visit the FAQs for more information.
Here’s why your school should join the movement …
Teachers experience fewer interruptions as kids return from The Daily Mile more focused and eager to learn.
Classroom management plans improve! Teachers save valuable classroom instruction time with this proactive Positive Behavior Support and Intervention Strategy. This leads to better behavior, more time on task, and happier teachers.
Your students improve their academic achievement. Problem-solving, focus, concentration, and memory improve with this physical activity.
Check out the resources page for fun printables to help you start The Daily Mile in your school!
My school already does The Daily Mile. How else can I be part of the community?
- Physical educators and coaches across the nation are united for the wellness of their children. Every school in the USA should have an opportunity to feel the benefits of the movement. Invite other schools to impact their school with this life-changing tool! Here’s how you can start the conversation!
- Join The Daily Mile community Facebook Group.
- Provide a quote about your experience as a Daily Mile PE teacher or coach.
- Share a story of your school experience with The Daily Mile.
- Share a photo or video of your school doing The Daily Mile.
- Join our Newsletter to stay up-to-date on news and free resources.
- Follow The Daily Mile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Learn about the adult initiative, The Daily Mile Fit For Life