Social Emotional Learning
Children who participate in SEL activities like The Daily Mile are better fit for life. The Daily Mile can easily be part of your SEL curriculum. The physical activity promotes self-awareness, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making. It is 100% free for your school family. Forever.Read on below
The Daily Mile is for Social Emotional Learning
Through The Daily Mile, your students can…
- Improve their emotional health and wellbeing
- From positive relationships and teamwork
- Improve their academic performance
- Learn to set and meet goals
The initiative is highly recommended by teachers, principals, and health professionals around the country, and is backed by university research.
Incorporate The Daily Mile into your SEL curriculum
Use the free, printable resources below to seamlessly incorporate The Daily Mile into your SEL curriculum. If you like what you see, be sue to sign up for our e-newsletter to stay informed with the latest news and resources from The Daily Mile and its partner organizations.
Understand & Manage Emotions
- Mood Meter – Help students learn to recognize & express emotions. Encourage conversations about feelings, reduce tension, and relieve stress in the classroom. 😀
- Journal of Joy – Help students improve their self-esteem with activities. 🧠 Also available in Spanish.
- Class Bubble Poster – Let kids express their emotions on their way back in from The Daily Mile. ✏️
Set & Meet Goals
- Self-Assessment – Allow students to check their progress & track their performance with The Daily Mile. 🏅
- 21 Day Tracker – Try The Daily Mile for 21 days and form this beneficial habit! 🏃♀️🏃♂️
- Class Evaluation – Try The Daily Mile for four weeks & track the results. It’s all the proof you’ll need to keep going! 🍎
- BINGO – Have your students complete these fun activities before, during, or after The Daily Mile. 👟
- Badges Challenge – Choose from one of these challenges to encourage participation & setting goals with a fun outdoor activity. 🌞
Foster Positive Relationships
- Kindness Calendar – Let’s make a world full of kindness! Encourage empathy, compassion, and compromise among your students or children with The Daily Mile Kindness Calendar. 📅
- Time Capsule – Celebrate the beginning & end of a school year with a time capsule. Have students draw or write their Daily Mile goals for the year when school starts, and enjoy the memories when school gets out. ⌛
- Class Banner – Motivate your whole class to do The Daily Mile together. Post these award banners each time the class achieves a Daily Mile goal.🏅
Make Good Decisions
- Class Reward Coupons – Encourage good decision making with coupons that reward good behavior. Includes 20 rewards that won’t cost you a cent! 🤩
- Extra Mile Good Note Home – Is there a hard-to-reach student that needs to know you care? Was one being a good friend during The Daily Mile? This Extra Mile Note Home reinforces good behavior & improves self-esteem! 😀 Also available in Spanish.