Encouraging your child to play outside and move their bodies can help them feel less stressed and build healthy habits for their future. The Daily Mile is a fun way for families to exercise together at home and spend time together. When done during the school day, The Daily Mile can even help your child do better in school!
“My daughter loves The Daily Mile and comes home and tells me how she was able to help students who are sad that day.”
– Parent, Lima, Ohio
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a life-changing opportunity for children and the adults who lead them. It is a solution to healthier, happier, more engaged students! The Daily Mile is a whole-child movement that takes kids outdoors to run, jog, roll or walk for 15-minutes each day. But it’s so much more than that. Created by an elementary school principal and her students, it is proven, effective, and sustainable. The Daily Mile is free for your organization … forever. Watch the video above to learn more.
The Daily Mile in Your Community
The Daily Mile is in over 300 schools, homeschools, and daycares in the USA. Find schools in your neighborhood that are benefiting from the movement!
How do I get The Daily Mile at my child’s school or daycare?
- Know the 7 reasons why The Daily Mile is a win for your child.
- Talk to your school principal, teachers, PTA/PTOs, and community leaders about The Daily Mile.
- Send this flyer to your child’s teacher.
- Share this flyer with your parent friends.
- Check out the Resources page for tools that may assist you in approaching your child’s school.
- Visit the FAQs for more information.
My child’s school does The Daily Mile. How else can I join the movement?
- Wonderful! Have you read the Welcome Letter for families? Get your copy here!
- Encourage your family to stay active even at home! Join the movement and make physical activity fun for everyone. Use these fun question ideas to get the conversation started on your Daily Mile.
- Join The Daily Mile community Facebook Group.
- Talk to your school principal, teachers, PTA/PTOs, and community leaders about the benefits of The Daily Mile. Help other schools join the movement!
- Provide a quote about your experience as a Daily Mile Parent.
- Share a story of your child’s experience with The Daily Mile.
- Share a photo or video of your child’s class doing The Daily Mile. Please be sure to get permission first!
- Join our Newsletter to stay up-to-date on news and free resources.
- Follow The Daily Mile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Sign up for our adult initiative, The Daily Mile Fit For Life
My child is Homeschooled or a Remote-Learner. Can we still join the movement?
The Daily Mile is brilliant. Both my boys love it. I am sure they are easier to teach, more cooperative and concentrate better after expelling their excess energy. I am delighted that you are showing them how accessible daily activity is, that it should be done every day and that it doesn’t take much time.Anon., Parent at Westways Primary school in Sheffield