Parents and Caregivers
Outdoor movement helps your child manage stress and build better foundations for a healthy lifestyle. Done at home, The Daily Mile gives families an opportunity to stay active and reconnect. Done during the school day, The Daily Mile improves your child’s academic performance.
“My daughter loves The Daily Mile and comes home and tells me how she was able to help students who are sad that day.”
– Parent, Lima, Ohio
The Daily Mile in Your Community
The Daily Mile is in over 300 schools, homeschools, and daycares in the USA. Find schools in your neighborhood that are benefiting from the movement!
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a life-changing opportunity for children and the adults who lead them. It is a solution to healthier, happier, more engaged students! The Daily Mile is a whole-child movement that takes kids outdoors to run, jog, roll or walk for 15-minutes each day. But it’s so much more than that. Created by an elementary school principal and her students, it is proven, effective, and sustainable. The Daily Mile is free for your organization … forever. Watch the video above to learn more.
How do I get The Daily Mile at my child’s school or daycare?
- Talk to your school principal, teachers, PTA/PTOs, and community leaders about The Daily Mile.
- Send this flyer to your child’s teacher.
- Share this flyer with your parent friends.
- Check out the Resources page for tools that may assist you in approaching your child’s school.
- Visit the FAQs for more information.
My child is Homeschooled or a Remote-Learner. Can we still join the movement?
My child’s school does The Daily Mile. How else can I join the movement?
- Parents across the nation are united for the wellness of their children. Every school in the USA should have an opportunity to feel the benefits of the movement. Invite others to impact their school with this life-changing tool!
- Join The Daily Mile community Facebook Group.
- Talk to your school principal, teachers, PTA/PTOs, and community leaders about the benefits of The Daily Mile. Help other schools join the movement!
- Provide a quote about your experience as a Daily Mile Parent.
- Share a story of your child’s experience with The Daily Mile.
- Share a photo or video of your child’s class doing The Daily Mile. Please be sure to get permission first!
- Join our Newsletter to stay up-to-date on news and free resources.
- Follow The Daily Mile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Sign up for our adult initiative, The Daily Mile Fit For Life
The Daily Mile is brilliant. Both my boys love it. I am sure they are easier to teach, more cooperative and concentrate better after expelling their excess energy. I am delighted that you are showing them how accessible daily activity is, that it should be done every day and that it doesn’t take much time.Anon., Parent at Westways Primary school in Sheffield