The Daily Mile is a turnkey, packaged program that you can implement in your school today. This outdoor movement gives students and staff a well-deserved brain break to focus on self-care. Your school family will build positive, healthy relationships, as well as increase academic performance.Read on below
“When The Daily Mile was first brought to me, I thought that’s 15 minutes away from curriculum. But I regrouped and realized, ‘These kids need this.’ Now I’m the biggest advocate for The Daily Mile.”
– Principal, Galveston, TX
What is The Daily Mile?
The Daily Mile is a life-changing opportunity for children and the adults who lead them. It is a solution to healthier, happier, more engaged students! The Daily Mile is a whole-child movement that takes kids outdoors to run, jog, roll or walk for 15-minutes each day. But it’s so much more than that. Created by an elementary school principal and her students, it is proven, effective, and sustainable. The Daily Mile is free for your school family … forever. Watch the video above to learn more!
How do I start The Daily Mile at my school?
- Talk to your district superintendent or teachers.
- Sign up with The Daily Mile to access exclusive resources and get your school listed on the community map.
- Use the Implementation Guides for a simple, step-by-step plan for success!
- See how The Daily Mile can easily fit into your class schedule.
- Check out the Resources page for more free tools!
- Visit the FAQs for more information.
Here’s why your school should join the movement …
Your teachers experience fewer interruptions as kids return from The Daily Mile more focused and eager to learn.
Your students improve their social-emotional wellbeing. They improve their ability to manage emotions, set & meet goals, foster positive relationships, and make good decisions.
Your teachers save valuable classroom instruction time with this proactive Positive Behavior Support and Intervention Strategy.
Your students improve their academic performance because physical activity improves problem-solving, focus, concentration, and memory.
School morale increases as you connect with your students outside the rigors of class.
Your teachers feel empowered as they get to decide when their class does The Daily Mile. Overall teacher wellness improves, too!
Check out the resources page for fun printables to help you start
The Daily Mile at your school!
My school already does The Daily Mile. How else can I be part of the community?
- Principals across the nation are united for the wellness of their children. Every school in the USA should have an opportunity to feel the benefits of the movement. Invite other schools to impact their school with this life-changing tool! Here’s how you can start the conversation!
- Provide a quote about your experience as a Daily Mile principal.
- Share a story of your school experience with The Daily Mile.
- Share a photo or video of your school doing The Daily Mile.
- Join our Newsletter to stay up-to-date on news and free resources.
- Follow The Daily Mile on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
- Learn about the adult initiative, The Daily Mile Fit For Life